Margaret has a big family, which gives her a lot of practice dealing with diverse personalities!
Margaret M. Crowley, Esq.
Margaret has been licensed to practice law in Nevada since 1991. For over 15 years, Margaret served as a Civil Deputy District Attorney for Washoe County (Reno), Nevada. During that time, she practiced in multiple areas, including labor/employment law, contract law, litigation and administrative law, and in multiple settings such as mediations, arbitrations, administrative hearings and state and federal courts. Margaret has extensive training and experience as a mediator, enabling her to use her expertise in conflict resolution to help people define and resolve issues. Margaret has mediated over 700 cases in a wide variety of areas.
Margaret has received specialized training in advanced mediation techniques, elder care, divorce and foreclosure mediation.
Margaret holds degrees from the University of Nevada, Reno (B.A. Literature, with distinction) and the University of California, Davis, School of Law (Juris Doctorate).
Margaret serves or has served as a mediator for:
- United States Department of the Interior
- Federal District Court Early Mediation Program for Pro Se Inmates
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Nevada Supreme Court Foreclosure Mediation Program
- Second Judicial District Court Custody Mediation Panel
- Ninth Judicial District Court Custody Mediation Panel
- Second Judicial District Court Dependency Mediation Panel
- Second Judicial District Court Guardianship Mediation Pilot Program
- Neighborhood Mediation Center (2009-2013)
- State Bar of Nevada Fee Dispute Committee
Margaret also currently serves as a Nevada Supreme Court Settlement Judge
Settlement judges are appointed by the Supreme Court based on the Court’s evaluation of their education, training
Other services and memberships:
Margaret served two terms as President of the Nevada Dispute Resolution Coalition. NDRC seeks to educate the community about alternative dispute resolution options in our local area and promote high standards of professionalism for ADR practitioners. www.NVDRC.org
Margaret is a member of the Nevada State Bar Association ADR and Family Law Sections and the Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR). ACR is a professional organization enhancing the practice and public understanding of conflict resolution. www.ACRnet.org
Copyright © 2018- Crowley Mediation